Free eBook "Eating 4 Health!"
Health and Nutrition Assessments
Personalized functional nutrition approach to optimal health!
To develop successful personalized functional nutrition programs that support optimal health, it is critical to thoroughly and accurately assess the current health status of our clients, and to set a baseline and keep a record of health history and any changes. A thorough assessment may uncover developing health concerns that are not yet diagnosable, but we can make a plan using diet and smart supplementation to slow down or even stop their progression. The functional nutritionist wants to identify these issues and possible weaknesses in your biochemistry so that we can put you on a plan that is best for you. We want to get to the root cause of problems and consider all other facets of life that can have an impact on health.
I highly encourage all of my clients to do the Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis along with the Initial Health & Nutrition Assessment. Even if you don't have major health concerns, there may be nuances about your biochemical makeup that you don't know about because you've never had such a comprehensive analysis. Many people are born with a polymorphism (genetic varient) that affects their levels of some particular nutrient. For example, your genes might be why you have low vitamin D levels (an important nutrient). You may not know this if you never test your 25-Hydroxy-Vitamin D levels.
All new nutrition client will start with the minimum Initial Health & Nutrition Assessment. The optional Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis and the Body Composition Analysis are both highly recommended. When you click on the BUY NOW button below you will see all of the Health Assessment Options.
Initial Health & Nutrition Assessment
Starting at $175
- Complete several online functional nutrition health assessments and a health evaluation profile questionnaire to build your health history, define your biggest health concerns and report symptoms and complaints about your body.
- This option includes a 1.5 hour consultation with the clinical nutritionist at our San Francisco office, or by phone or Skype, to go over responses and possible nutritional issues as suggested by the written assessments. We will discuss a functional nutrition approach to supporting any already existing concerns and preventing the development of more chronic conditions in the future.
- Client will receive recommendations for changes in diet, supplements and lifestyle. And depending on the client's health concerns, some combination of functional nutrition metabolic restoration programs may be advised. Of consideration would be further health assessments laboratory testing, personalized diet/eating approach and smart supplementation plan.
- Body Composition Analysis - 8 point Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis is done using a unique measuring system which measures all of the required parameters such as fat mass, muscle mass and body water. Only available to those coming to the San Francisco office for consultations. Includes one follow-up reading typically after 3 months of implementing recommendations.
- Ongoing support includes email or text responses to your quick questions when available. Client can purchase follow-up consultation time as needed.
Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis
Starting at $399!
There really is no better health assessment that is more efficient and effective than a comprehensive blood test. We have a long history of using blood markers for evaluating health status. It will also establish a baseline that can be used to track a person's health over time. When added to the Initial Health & Nutrition Assessment (the above is included in this analysis as well) it provides both the nutrition professional and the client peace of mind knowing that a thorough screening has taken place. The $399 study includes comprehensive blood panels (these alone could cost you over $1000 if you had to pay for them individually), a total health and nutrition analysis using results of the blood tests, urinalysis and results of the functional nutrition health assessments. And all this is delivered to the client in a complete Blood Nutrition Report with detailed nutritional recommendations including diet and smart supplements. Have your blood tests analyzed for optimal nutritional levels and take a preventative approach to your health and vitality.
Body Composition Analysis
Starting at $100!
Experience a cutting-edge bioelectrical impedance analysis with the seca mBCA 525. Our noninvasive assessment provides an in-depth analysis measuring fat mass, fat-free mass, total body water, intracellular water, extracellular water, visceral adipose tissue, and skeletal muscle mass in a rapid 30 seconds. Distinguish between muscle gain and fat loss and understand the real health benefits even when your weight remains the same. It is one of a kind in terms of function and performance and is trusted by the Mayo Clinic and Arizona State University. Bioelectrical impedance analysis works by sending a small electrical current into a person and measuring the opposition of that current (impedance) as it travels throughout the body’s water. Electrodes are placed on each hand and foot and a measuring mat lies over your lap. After 5 minutes of lying on your back the analysis is started. The segments of the body measured are the right arm, left arm, right leg, left leg, right half of body, left half of body and torso. Once impedance is measured, body composition analysis is complete.
Other Laboratory Testing Available
Depending on whether the client came with some already diagnosed chronic conditions, or the initial health assessments show a need to further explore what is underlying the symptoms reported, some of the following tests may be suggested. At this point the client may also be referred to a more qualified practitioner or specialist. The more valuable information that is obtained, the clearer the picture of the efficiency of the metabolic functions of the body. There is a lot that can be done with nutrition and smart supplementation to support the body in healing many of the common chronic ales of our modern world like Type 2 Diabetes, Obesity and High Blood Pressure. The following labs are available to test for their particular focus using their proprietary techniques. They come highly recommended in the Functional Medicine community.
- Cyrex Labs - Cyrex™ is a Clinical Immunology Laboratory Specializing in Functional Immunology and Autoimmunity. Cyrex™ offers multi-tissue antibody testing for the early detection and monitoring of today’s complex autoimmune conditions. Cyrex™ develops innovative arrays through continuous collaboration with leading experts in medical research and clinical practice. We use this lab for clients with hard to identify food sensitivities, especially those with suspected gluten sensitivity.
- Diagnostechs - Diagnos-Techs™ is a pioneer and leader in saliva-based testing. We use this lab for testing male and female hormones and for an adrenal stress index to look for abnormal adrenal rhythms. Abnormal adrenal rhythms can influence many functions of the body including energy production, fat storage and sleep.
- EnteroLab - We only use EnteroLab for genetic testing in people who are suspect for Celiac Disease. It's helpful to rule out Celiac Disease. This test may also confirm the need for the client to avoid gluten indefinitely if they are genetically predisposed to Celiac Disease, and if they are already experiencing symptoms related to this autoimmune condition. This test is often done along with the Wheat Proteome Cyrex Panel.
- Diagnostic Solutions - Diagnostic Solutions Laboratory offers the GI Microbial Assay Plus (GI-MAP). The GI-MAP includes the first comprehensive pathogens assay that is FDA approved, the GPP assay by Luminex Corp. The pathogen targets include bacteria, parasites and another first for the market, viruses! Their testing is very useful in working with clients who have complicated digestive issues and may be suffering from concerns like SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth) or other microbial imbalances.
Please call if you have questions or would like to order any of the optional testing we offer. We have kits for for all of these lab tests that we send out to our clients with instructions on what to do with the kits and how to provide samples to the laboratory.